Our core values
Our values guide how we behave, prioritize, and make decisions at Vessel.
We Are Optimizers
We’re a collection of optimists in pursuit of better in our relationships, at our workplace, with our health and the Vessel expereince for our members
We Got You
We make honorable agreements with each other and our customers, guided by coherent structures and processes.
We Are Conscious Communicators
We stay drama free through practicing mindfulness, being respectful and revealing over concealing.
We Value Health Over Wealth
We think long term in order to maximize our impact on people’s wellbeing and longevity. We value science, innovation, transparency, and ethical decision making over wealth creation.
We are Vessel
With full-time, part-time, and advisory roles, we are a primarily remote yet close-knit team of doers. We value accountability, action, creative thinking, and rigorous problem solving.
First and foremost, we treat each other like adults, pushing each other to grow as performers and leaders. The health tech industry is fast-paced, highly competitive, and always changing, so we expect our team members to bring a high level of accountability and autonomy to their roles. Our culture is radically open, fast-moving, supportive, and we always make sure to have fun.
How we give back
Every test card purchased provides nutritional support to a child in need for an entire month through our partnership with Vitamin Angels. We’re proud to join them in the fight to lower mortality rates and end global malnutrition.
Current job openings
Vessel is an early-stage health tech company bringing wellness testing into the home.
We’re still a scrappy startup, so we’re looking for folks who are comfortable with a fast pace. We value shipping epic products, having each other’s back, and doing things the right way.
We’re an experienced, primarily remote team with a diversity of skills and backgrounds that range from early stage and unicorn startups to large public corporations. The whole of our efforts is greater than the sum of our parts, and we’re always on the lookout for people who share our values to bring their unique experiences and perspectives to the Vessel team.
Financial Controller (remote)
Work fully remote within the United States
Vessel is on a mission to bring a lab to every hand, to democratize health data so that anyone can live a happier, longer, more epic life. Accomplishing that mission requires a close eye on cash, and for us to spend cash intentionally. The financial controller will be that steward. They will oversee and manage the finance and accounting departments at Vessel to ensure we are spending the money appropriately, watching the outflow of cash carefully, and ultimately taking into account our financial position when making major strategic decisions.
- AP and AR functions are running effectively and efficiently
- Financial planning and modeling is accurate and up to date which enables proper planning and forecasting
- Cash planning and management is accurate and up to date
- Books are closed by the 10th of each month
- Liability is minimized by implementing and upholding proper procedures and contracts
- Attention to details and the expert on the financial model / financial forecasting
- Systematic Thinking: Financial and Accounting groups have proper systems in place that allow us to see our financial standing in real time
- Communication: Communicating clearly and raising flags in our financial planning, and collaborating with teammates to mitigate flags
- Organization: Able to manage multiple projects so that nothing falls through the cracks
What technical knowledge do you need to perform in your role?
- Google Sheets
- Carta or similar cap table management software
Qualifications (Must haves)
- 3+ years experience as a controller for a start-up or mid-level company
- 2+ years experience in a DTC or CPG (Consumer packaged goods) company
- Experience in a company that manufactures its own products
Qualifications (Nice to haves)
- Experience in a company with a heavy R&D focus
- Experience with subscription based products and calculating retention metrics
We do consider candidates requiring H1B transfer and TN VisaEqual Opportunity Employer
We're an equal opportunity employer.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Vessel complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations preventing discrimination against job applicants based on: race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender, gender identity, age, veteran status, martial status, physical challenges, or any other relevant factor.
Salary: $120,000 - $135,000
Healthcare Plan Contribution
Fully remote within the United States
Unlimited Paid Time Off
$120,000 - $140,000
Help us build and ship world-class products. As a Product Manager, you will work cross-functionally and closely with the CEO to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds. You will break down complex problems into steps that drive product development.
- Understand markets, competition, and user requirements in depth.
- Launch new products and features, test their performance, iterate and optimize quickly.
- Work collaboratively with engineering, marketing, QA, legal, UX, and other teams on cutting-edge technologies.
- Develop solutions to problems by collaborating as needed across regions, product areas, and functions.
- Identify areas for improvement in the product experience through analytics and member feedback
Skills to excel
- Ability to deliver a world class DTC app and web experience through ensuring excellent product specs, analysis, testing, collecting feedback and optimizing.
- Ability to build and manage an exceptional product team.
- Ability to explore a problem space, develop a deep understanding of dependencies and root causes and create a scalable solution approach
- Work well under limited supervision and use good judgment to know when to update and seek guidance from team members, partners, and leadership.
- Deep understanding of UX and UI to work with designers to create an exceptional app/web experience.
What technical knowledge do you need to perform in your role?
- A/B testing
- Analytics and reporting to deeply understand each stage of the user experience
- Collecting and analyzing member feedback
- Make trade-offs: time vs. scope vs. cost.
- Google Analytics
- Experience launching multiple DTC app and web experiences with high user counts and good ratings.
- Expert understanding of technical concepts, including data management and analytics development
- Experience as a product or program manager, business analyst, data scientist, or engineer
- Experience owning product lifecycle and roadmaps
- Experience working with designers to create beautiful and simple user interfaces
- Experience in identifying/creating important metrics that measure the performance of business operations
- Entrepreneurial spirit yet highly collaborative
- Able to lead without direct authority
- Solution oriented
- Effective organizer of tasks with a self-starter mindset, assertiveness, accountability, helpfulness, and a high level of positive energy and drive
- Able to synthesize multiple data points to develop viable solutions with little to no explicit direction
- Able to navigate and create clarity amidst ambiguity
Nice to Haves
- Build own reporting & analytic in Mode, Amplitude and other report tools as needed
- $120,000 - $140,000
- Full time
- Work fully remote within the United States
- Unlimited Paid Time Off